Please respond separately to each topic a minimum of 350 words each
Teams and groups are an important part of the day to day operations of most successful businesses, communities, and companies.
- What are the differences between groups and teams?
- Explain why teams are used often within organizations.
- Select a team that you believe is very effective (e.g., the Miami Heat, the NY Giants, a team or department within your company, your family, etc.).
- Describe attributes of your chosen team’s context, composition, and processes.
- Analyze how these characteristics affect your chosen team’s effectiveness.
Individuals versus Teams
When deciding to accomplish a task, management must decide whether to use individuals or teams.
- Describe factors you would consider when deciding whether to use individuals or teams.
- Describe a hypothetical task in which you would choose to use individuals, as opposed to teams, to complete. Explain why.
- Describe a hypothetical task in which you would choose to use teams, as opposed to individuals, to complete it. Explain why.
- Describe how you would motivate team members using incentives.
- Analyze how effective these incentives would be in motivating high team performance. Describe any limitations to using incentives to motivate team performance.