STYLE AND CONVENTION
First, select a newer scholarly journal article (no older than 2015) relevant to the course regarding the psychological impact of a Weapon of Mass Destruction attack on the population. Then conduct an article review of that article. It must be related to the course or course materials. The intent is for students to do some external research away from the provided references and find an Article in the Library. Students should search the library’s online databases, such as ProQuest, EbscoHost, and others, to find scholarly or peer-reviewed articles.
Additionally, the review of the journal article is an evaluation of the article’s strengths, weaknesses, and validity. It is used to inform of the article’s value through your explanation, interpretation, and analysis. As you do this, ask the major questions that are central to the review process:
1. What is the purpose of this article?
2. Why is it important to investigate or examine the subject of the article?
3. How are the authors carrying out the task? Are their methods and comments appropriate and adequate to the task?
4. What do they claim to have found out? Are the findings clearly stated?
5. How does this advance knowledge in the field?
Hint: These would make really good section titles for your paper.
- The paper should be no less than 5 pages for the body of your work, double spaced (cover and reference pages are required – note that they are not factored into your page count).
- Appropriate writing requirements using APA style formatted citations and compiling a complete reference list in accordance with the APA guidance are part of the requirement.
- Use scholarly or other relevant sources. Your article selection will be part of the grade.
- No abstract is required.
- Save your work as a Microsoft Word document entitled ‘YourLastNamewk#.doc’ (i.e., Smith1.doc) and upload this document as your assignment.
Your work should consist of:
- Introduction (this will have a well-defined purpose statement in your intro paragraph that provides guidance to the reader about what you are going to cover in your paper)
- Body (feel free to use sub-headings if necessary)
- Conclusion (this wraps up the key points of your work and brings your paper to a logical conclusion)
STYLE AND CONVENTION:
- All written submissions should be submitted in a font and page set-up that is readable and neat. Students will follow the APA 6 Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework.
- Additionally, the attached rubric will be used to grade your papers.
- Typewritten in double-spaced format.
- Times New Roman styles in 12-point font.
- Page margins Top, Bottom, Left Side and Right Side = 1 inch, with reasonable accommodation being made for special situations and online submission variances.
- Complete an appropriate page header with page number for each page.
- Create an appropriate title page.
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize: books, peer reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc.
- The paper need to be a minimum of 5 complete pages for the body of your work (not including the title and works cited pages in the page count). Points will be deducted if the minimum page requirement is not met accordingly.