Determinants of Health
For this discussion, please use the following scenario as a guide to explain Sally’s determinants of health. Which issue stands out to you in terms of how it will affect Sally’s decision?
“Sally feels as though she is a moderately healthy 45-year-old person. She does not smoke, drinks occasionally, exercises regularly, and visits her physician only on an as needed basis because she feels doctors are only in business to make money. After a recent cold Sally visited her primary care doctor as she felt it was taking longer than usual to get over the cold. At a second follow-up visit her physician gave her startling news – Sally has a chronic illness that is not allowing her body to get rid of the cold. Sally must decide if she wants to comply with the recommended treatment or do nothing and ignore the diagnosis.”
Please select one of the following determinants of health and discuss how it can impact Sally’s decision about treatment:
- Educational level
- Housing situation
- Transportation issues
- Previous feelings toward medicine
- Your original post of 100-125 words is due by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time), EVERY Thursday.
- One peer reply of at least 75 words is due by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time), EVERY Sunday.
- Before posting, check for spelling and grammatical errors; If I cannot evaluate your content, you will not receive points.
- No quotes are permitted in this course; use of quotes will result in loss of points.
- Plagiarism is not tolerated. If you are unsure if you have plagiarized or need help with your paraphrasing please see Learning Resources or NIP at HEC
- You must cite any sources you use to support your work. APA format is used in health-related courses and professions. The SPC online library has a guide to assist you with your use of citations and referencing.