Choosing Your Specialization
For this discussion, you will post the equivalent of a 1–2-page paper describing your specialization, the requirements for employment in that specialization, and your particular goals. Your participation in this discussion will help you clarify your own choices and motivations regarding your specialization and increase your understanding of Capella’s degree requirements, as well as the requirements of the profession.
In your initial post, answer the following questions:
- What is your specialization within the College of Professional Studies? For example, applied behavior analysis, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, developmental, school psychology, educational psychology, industrial and organizational psychology, or general psychology?
- What interests you about your specialization, and how will it help you meet your career goals?
- What are the requirements for entering the workforce in this specialization? Do you need a license or certification? If so, are there restrictions to that license? Do you need to take certain courses or have certain employment experience?
- What are Capella’s degree requirements for your specialization? How can you plan to meet them?
- What did you learn about research questions and methods in your specialization from the three articles you located in the Capella library?