Imagine that you are an advice columnist. You regularly respond to readers, providing relationship advice based on social psychological insight. Select one of the following options and craft a reply letter, supporting your answer with scholarly and peer-reviewed sources. Explain to the reader, in layperson’s terms, relevant theory and research that addresses the social psychological variables involved. Summarize a clear answer to the question, formulating advice regarding future behavior.
- Should I play hard to get?
- Do looks really matter that much?
- How can I attract a partner?
- Is my relationship at risk of divorce?
- Is there such a thing as a “fatal” attraction?
- We’re opposites; are we doomed to fail?
- I’m in a long distance relationship… Will it work?
- Why does my friend stay in an abusive relationship?
- What is love, really?
- Other (as provided/approved by your instructor)