I’m a male, and we need to write about 3 physical attractive female traits, and explain how each preference is ‘gene deep’ effected. (one paragraph each trait)
MLA or APA
minimum of 2-3 page papers (single space)
12 pt font/ 1 inch margins
papers require a turnitin.com score less than 8%
Remember to avoid shallow reasons for choosing a mate. You are being asked to look gene deep.
- Explain the biological principle of sexual selection
- Apply the principle of sexual selection to mate choice
- Differentiate the biology of beauty from cultural ideals
- List three physical traits that you find attractive in a mate.
- Explain how each preference is ‘gene deep.’ To help you to determine the biology of beauty, review “The Rules of Attraction in the Game of Love” at http://www.livescience.com/7023-rules-attraction-game-love.html (Links to an external site.)
and the scholarly journal entitled “Evolution of Human Mate Choice” at http://web.missouri.edu/~gearyd/MatechoicePDF.pdf (Links to an external site.).
- Write one paragraph on each of your three physical traits and be sure to focus on the biological rather than the cultural factors.
- Address how each of the three physical factors relate to sexual selection. Offer an example for each of your three physical features to demonstrate whether it helps with advertising or competing for a mate. Be creative, yet realistic.
- Conclude with a paragraph explaining how these traits relate to mate selection and the passing of genetic material across multiple generation.
Additional resources can be found online by searching for biology and beauty, biology and mate selection, and science and symmetry.