Corey, G. (2017). Theory and practice of counseling and psychotherapy (10th ed.). Belmont, CA: Cengage Learning. (Must order through Cengage)
- Watch: The Case of Stan –Existential Therapy -In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 6: How do I practice what I’ve learned
- Watch: The Case of Stan – Person-Centered Therapy -In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 7: How do I practice what I’ve learned
- Watch: The Case of Stan – Gestalt Therapy -In MindTap on Cengage site. Under Chapter 8: How do I practice what I’ve learned
Create a PowerPoint presentation describing ONE of the three experiential therapies (Existential, Person-Centered, or Gestalt) and its relatability to a faith perspective. Use the following questions as an outline of your presentation:
- Who is/are the main pioneer(s) behind this therapy and what led to their establishing it?
- Highlight the main principles of this therapy and describe the perspective on life that this theory embodies.
- Apply a faith perspective to this therapy. In what ways could you as a therapist incorporate faith into this style? In what ways do they clash, if any?
- Pick two therapeutic techniques from this therapy to explain in detail. Find one outside resource for each technique, such as a video clip or transcript of the technique in action, a handout, or a description from a website, to include in the PowerPoint.
Because this is a PowerPoint format, please share this information in brief and creative ways. You may use bullet-point style of writing on the slides, and you may add images, videos, or other visual ways of conveying the information. Include a reference page at the end of the presentation. The PowerPoint should have a minimum of 8 slides.