In 2015, the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3) reported nearly 300,000 complaints of fraud, identity theft, cyber-bullying, harassment, and extortion, among others (Internet Crime Complaint Center, 2015). This is a startling number, especially considering that the IC3 only handles incidents from digital technology. The list of potential topics for mitigation is extensive.
This week, you will develop Part 1 of your Final Project: Mitigation Plan by selecting a topic for mitigation and find at least two scholarly articles related to your topic. You will determine a developmental age group and any relevant diversity factors.
To Prepare for this Final Project Part 1 Assignment:
- Select a topic for mitigation. Possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Identify theft/Phishing
- Digital divide
- Cyber victimization
- Physical or developmental disability limitations
- Identify the developmental age group that can be affected by the topic you chose
- Identify any diversity factors (e.g., gender, socioeconomic status, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation) relevant to the topic and developmental age you will be discussing
- Search the Internet and the Walden Library for at least two scholarly articles related to the topic you chose for mitigation
For this Final Project: Mitigation Plan, Part 1 Assignment:
Write a 1-page paper (not including references) in which you:
- Describe the topic you selected for mitigation and explain why you selected this topic
- Define the problem relative to a particular developmental age group, culture, and/or gender and explain why you selected this this group and how the digital technology you chose relates to the problem
- Explain briefly the developmental and psychological risks associated with failure to address the problem
Use your Learning Resources and the articles you found in your search to support your findings. Use proper APA format and citations.