Two (2) assignments
1. You will write a 3 – 4-page statement should outline your motivations for choosing the counseling field. Answer the following questions as you write: 1. What cultural identities, values, and experiences led you to consider a career in counseling? 2. Why do you view counseling as an important field today? 3. What are your thoughts about how people change? 4. What counseling settings and or populations think you are interested in serving? Why? 5. What skills do you believe you already possess that will help you in this field?
2. Designing a treatment plan – Alcohol-Pills-PTSD After reviewing a written vignette, you will write a treatment plan for this client. This treatment plan should follow the treatment plan format. It should also be based in your theory, whichever theory you think is most appropriate. You will:
1. Provide a treatment plan that met the requirements of the template.
2. Identify all client problems in the vignette.
3. Write appropriate long-term goals, short term goals, and interventions.
4. After you writing the treatment plan, you will need to support your treatment plan. Based upon your analysis, you will need to prioritize your treatment focal areas. This may include safety and stabilization efforts, treatment for a specific goal, or addressing an apparent ethical issues.
5. Devise a target date for the end of treatment.
Your sources should be cited and referenced. And INCLUDE the BELOW
Student noted what cultural identities, values, and experiences led the student to consider a career in counseling
Student noted why he/she views counseling as an important field today Student noted how he/she believes people change.
Student noted what counseling settings and or populations he/she thinks they are interested in serving.
Student noted what skills he/she believe they already possess that will help them in this
Treatment Plan – Make sure below points are addressed.
Student provided a treatment plan that met all required sections of the template
Student successfully noted all client problems.
Student successfully noted appropriate long-term goals, short term goals, and interventions.
Student successfully prioritize treatment focal areas.
Student successfully devised a plan date after termination.