In this Assignment, you will consider the ACA’s Code of Ethics and how these practices impact assessment. This professional code identifies your responsibilities and the practices you must adhere to for the benefit of your clients, your colleagues, and your community.
- Review ACA’s Code of Ethics website found in the Learning Resources and consider how they apply to your professional development.
- Review and use the Corey, Corey, Corey, and Callanan Ethical Decision-Making Model from the course text on p. 28 to process the cases on p. 37 by including each step.
- Review Exercise 2.2 Making Ethical Decisions (p. 37), choose two to review and process through the Model, answering each question.
- Review the five cases
- Select two of the situations in Exercise 2.2 in the text to discuss. Complete the eight steps provided in the course text from the Ethical Decision-Making Model on p. 28 for both of the situations you chose. You do not need to answer the questions at the end of each submission in Exercise 2.2. Take the point of view of what YOU need to do as an ethical counselor, and consider ALL perspectives in the situation, not just one person’s perspective.
- In one page each, identify the cases you selected and include your responses to the steps of the model on p. 28 for each situation (Note: Two pages not including title or reference page).
- On page 3, add a summary paragraph or two that shares your personal challenges with addressing the ethical issues in the assignment.
- Use proper APA formatting and citations.