Conduct website searches of the following organizations:
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) (http://www.ncqa.org/)
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) (http://www.ahrq.gov/)
- Joint Commission, Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS) ( www.jointcommission.org)
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI) ( http://www.ihi.org/ihi)
Reflect on your learning experiences as a consumer of healthcare; then assess how the information on the above agency websites can impact a healthcare consumers’ role in making healthcare decisions by completing the following:
- Compare and contrast the information provided to the healthcare consumer from a minimum of two websites.
- Evaluate how the information provided is (or is not) beneficial to you as a healthcare consumer.
- Identify two additional websites that you have used (or could use) in search of patient information.
- Assess the value of these additional resources.
- Your paper should be 4 double-spaced pages including introduction and conclusion.
- A minimum of four (4) scholarly articles in addition to other course resources.
- Remember, you must support your thinking/opinions and prior knowledge with references.
- In-text citation used throughout the assignment and APA-formatted reference list.
- Please no plagiarism and sources should be 5 years or less.
- Include headings organize the content in your work.